While developing a Jquery mobile based application, I came across a issue that is observed only on the iOS 6 devices and Android 4.2.2 devices. What is the issue? Web pages are side scrolling on iOS6 and Android 4.2.2 devices. How did I debug the issue? This bug was in our applications bug tracker for a long time and since I am the lone front-end developer the project that I am working on, my manger was pushing me to close this bug quickly. I had used the perfect mobile meta tag and still the web pages were side-scrolling. None of my divs had width that was going beyond the device widths and still there was this issue. That day, I decided to break down my HTML to pieces, and tested each piece on the dreadful iOS 6 device. I came down to a textbox that had some placeholder text in it and there it was, the issue was glaring me in my face. ...

Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments here...