Skip to main content

Jquery Mobile accordions - Collapsible listviews

    "How do I add a collapsible list to my Jquery Mobile application?" If this is the question that's bothering you, then JQM has a solution to this and a pretty simple one. You can style the listviews as collapsibles very easily and you can have individual collapsible lists or a set of collapsible lists (accordions). We will take a look at how we can achieve both of these.

    Let us begin with the individual collapsible listviews. You can achieve a collapsible by merely adding a div with data-attribute data-role="collapsible". This will style the div as a collapsible block with a default "plus" icon positioned to the left end of the list. To add a heading to the collapsible list add a heading tag (h1-h6) and you will have a left-aligned title for your collapsible header. After you have added the header, you can now have any content that you wish to include in the collapsible.

    Let's take a look at the example below to better understand the collapsible list implementation. We have 3 individual collapsible lists with different data-theme attributes. You can have a list open by default by including data-collapsed="false" attribute. By adding the data-content-theme attribute, you will get a border to the collapsible container.


    Now that we have created individual collapsible lists, we can club them together to create a collapsible set or an accordion as it is more commonly know. To do this add a div with data-role="collapsible-set" attribute around the collapsible divs and you will get an accordion. In the collapsible-set or the accordion, only one collapsible list would be open at a time. Refer to the following example to understand the implementation of a collapsible-set or an accordion.


    Hope you have followed how to create a collapsible list and a collapsible set. Do drop a comment in case you have liked this post or have some suggestions on the same. Let me know in case you have any problems and I would be happy to help! In the next post we will see some of the various issues that I came across on the Jquery Mobile official forum and their resolutions.

Comments

Recommended for You

Where does Google get it's live traffic data from?

Referring to a post that I wrote earlier, Google’s - Live traffic Layer , ever wondered how Google collected this data? I was wondering the other day, how Google received live data to display it on their maps as a layer! I looked up the web and found something very interesting and am sharing the same with you all. As we all know, the traffic layer is available most accurately in several states in USA. Most major metro areas in the US have sensors embedded in their highways. These sensors track real time traffic data. Easy to miss at high speeds (hopefully anyway, traffic permitting), more commonly noticed may be the similar sensors that often exist at many busy intersections that help the traffic lights most efficiently let the most amount of people through. The information from these tracking sensors is reported back to the Department of Transportation (DOT). The DOT uses this data to update some of the digital signs that report traffic conditions in many metro areas. They als...

What is GIS?

          Once I started writing this blog, I received a number of feedbacks from readers asking me to write something about what exactly GIS is. So here is some information, that will give you an idea about " What is GIS? "           A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information. GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports, and charts.             A GIS helps you answer questions and solve problems by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared. GIS technology can be integrated into any enterprise information system framework.     ...

My first blog!

          " W hy is it that there are no Goolge Maps API examples which show India specific data?"...This question kept bothering me all through my learning phase. I always thought why aren't there any examples that use a map which shows Indian locations. Anybody who is new to Google Maps API application development would love to see a location that he knows of on the map! This is what I longed for all the way through and now have decided to put up simple examples and other supporting data for building customised simple Google Maps and all will show locations in India! When starting something new, if one finds something familiar out there, then it gives a feeling of comfort! And this is what I will try to provide to all those out there who are facing a similar problem that I faced! I am not an expert at Google Maps API, I am learning too...But, I will like to help out people along the way! So, all comments from the novice to the profession...

Playing with the markers and info window bubbles...

    In the last few posts, we have seen some marker examples and some information window examples. Now, lets do something interesting combining these two things. Just writing that "This is an info window" in the information bubble is not very interesting! And I know this...Have gone through the same phase!     So, today we will do something interesting! We will display the latitude- longitude co-ordinates of the point that the user clicks on the map! Doing this is not at all complex! Copy paste the following code and you will see for yourself a map coming to life!     The output of the above code looks as seen in the result section above! If you have any queries regarding the above code please comment on the blog post or feel free to contact me at my mail ID .

A Giant called Google...

    Wondering what you will be reading in this post today and what is "Google Giant"! Well, I was working on a simple project a couple of months back and that is the time when I was amazed and by the size of data that Google Maps servers might be having! As most of the readers (developers and enthusiast included) would know or might have noticed, Google maps are rendered by stitching small images together. You must have observed this on quite a number of occasions, when you see grey tiles when you have a slow internet connection in particular. It takes time for the images or tiles as we call them to be displayed.     Let us try and estimate what could be the size of the Google Maps data! Before proceeding, let's make a few assumptions and considerations. 1. Let's consider the Google Street View maps only. 2. The zoom level that is considered for the calculations is 21 - the max zoom level allowed on Google Maps API. 3. All the numbers are just an esti...