Skip to main content

Tribute to Sachin Tendulkar



    Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar - The greatest batsman of this generation is playing his 200th test match starting today. This test match that is being played between India and West Indies at the "master blaster"'s home ground at the Wankhede Cricket Stadium in Mumbai is the final match that he will be playing. The legend of cricket, the little master, the master blaster, the GOD of Cricket retires after this test match at Wankhede.

    A billion hearts are praying for the great Sachin Tendulkar and everybody is paying their tribute to this great ambassador of the game of Cricket. Sachin has borne the burden of the entire nation throughout his entire career and has been the hope for a million cricket fans in India. I still remember, when I was a kid, I used to turn off the television when Sachin would be dismissed, knowing for sure that the Indian cricket team would loose the match after his dismissal. It would not be wrong, if I were to say that every Indian has wanted to be "Sachin Tendulkar" at some point in their lives.

    The holder of several cricketing records, Sachin Tendulkar started off his career at the age of 16. Ther on he has scored a 100 hundereds in international cricket and an extraordinary 51 hundreds in Test match cricket. I have put together a small simple map, displaying all the test centuries that he has scored across the globe against different opponents. This is my small effort to pay my tribute to the greatest of the great.

    There has never been a great player as Sachin Tendulkar and there probably will never be. A small token of appreciation to this great legend of Cricket from me. Hope you all enjoy the visual representation of Sachin's greatest achievements.

Link: Sachin's Test Centiries (My Tribute)
Click on the Sachin Icons on the map to view a photograph of that particular test match with the record below the picture.


Comments

Recommended for You

Where does Google get it's live traffic data from?

Referring to a post that I wrote earlier, Google’s - Live traffic Layer , ever wondered how Google collected this data? I was wondering the other day, how Google received live data to display it on their maps as a layer! I looked up the web and found something very interesting and am sharing the same with you all. As we all know, the traffic layer is available most accurately in several states in USA. Most major metro areas in the US have sensors embedded in their highways. These sensors track real time traffic data. Easy to miss at high speeds (hopefully anyway, traffic permitting), more commonly noticed may be the similar sensors that often exist at many busy intersections that help the traffic lights most efficiently let the most amount of people through. The information from these tracking sensors is reported back to the Department of Transportation (DOT). The DOT uses this data to update some of the digital signs that report traffic conditions in many metro areas. They als...

Two maps on the same page - Side-by-side

    How good I am feeling to post a code example after such a long time! It's been all "news" over the past so many posts! Well now that I am finally doing a code example, I am posting a very highly requested code sample. Placing two Google Maps on the same page (Now that's simple you would say!), but side by side. Now this is the thing that most people struggle with. Well, implementing the second part is also very simple, as you will see in today's code.     Let's see the code. Here it is!     The output of the above code will be as seen in the result section above.     As most of you will realize, there are two maps, one centered at "Pune" and other at "Noida". Why I chose these two locations? Well, just like that!...The main issue of concern is how the maps appeared side-by-side and not one below the other as would be normal behavior of two "div" elements used in the same page. Now here is the trick! Check out the...

Playing with the markers and info window bubbles...

    In the last few posts, we have seen some marker examples and some information window examples. Now, lets do something interesting combining these two things. Just writing that "This is an info window" in the information bubble is not very interesting! And I know this...Have gone through the same phase!     So, today we will do something interesting! We will display the latitude- longitude co-ordinates of the point that the user clicks on the map! Doing this is not at all complex! Copy paste the following code and you will see for yourself a map coming to life!     The output of the above code looks as seen in the result section above! If you have any queries regarding the above code please comment on the blog post or feel free to contact me at my mail ID .

My first blog!

          " W hy is it that there are no Goolge Maps API examples which show India specific data?"...This question kept bothering me all through my learning phase. I always thought why aren't there any examples that use a map which shows Indian locations. Anybody who is new to Google Maps API application development would love to see a location that he knows of on the map! This is what I longed for all the way through and now have decided to put up simple examples and other supporting data for building customised simple Google Maps and all will show locations in India! When starting something new, if one finds something familiar out there, then it gives a feeling of comfort! And this is what I will try to provide to all those out there who are facing a similar problem that I faced! I am not an expert at Google Maps API, I am learning too...But, I will like to help out people along the way! So, all comments from the novice to the profession...

What is GIS?

          Once I started writing this blog, I received a number of feedbacks from readers asking me to write something about what exactly GIS is. So here is some information, that will give you an idea about " What is GIS? "           A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information. GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports, and charts.             A GIS helps you answer questions and solve problems by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared. GIS technology can be integrated into any enterprise information system framework.     ...