Skip to main content

Jquery Mobile - Customizing the search box

    Customizing the Jquery Mobile default styles is often required to match the design visuals provided by your designer and approved by your client. Such is the case with the Jquery Mobile search box as well. The designers often use customized icons for the default search box icons. In the example that follows, we will take a look at how this done and we will use custom icons for the search box in place of the default icons.



    As seen in the example above, in the CSS, we need to use the !important keyword to override the default styles of the Jquery Mobile class.

    Customizing the search box or any other element in Jquery mobile is pretty simple. Hope you have followed the post and followed how to customize the Jquery Mobile default styles for  the HTML5 search input box. Drop a comment in case you need to know more or need help with your Jquery Mobile application. I would be happy to help!

Comments

Recommended for You

Where does Google get it's live traffic data from?

Referring to a post that I wrote earlier, Google’s - Live traffic Layer , ever wondered how Google collected this data? I was wondering the other day, how Google received live data to display it on their maps as a layer! I looked up the web and found something very interesting and am sharing the same with you all. As we all know, the traffic layer is available most accurately in several states in USA. Most major metro areas in the US have sensors embedded in their highways. These sensors track real time traffic data. Easy to miss at high speeds (hopefully anyway, traffic permitting), more commonly noticed may be the similar sensors that often exist at many busy intersections that help the traffic lights most efficiently let the most amount of people through. The information from these tracking sensors is reported back to the Department of Transportation (DOT). The DOT uses this data to update some of the digital signs that report traffic conditions in many metro areas. They als...

Geodesic Polyline

    Today we will have a look at a very interesting polyline example - "The geodesic polyline". Now the first question that will pop is "What is geodesic?". Mathematically, geodesic means the shortest line between two points on a mathematically defined surface, as a straight line on a plain or an arc of a great circle or sphere.     The next question after reading the above definition is clearly, "Why do we need geodesic polylines?" and that would be followed up with "What is this Great Circle?". We will discuss this first, before we move on to the actual example today. The example is very very similar to the normal polyline example, with just a small change.     Having said so, I will now try to explain why we need a geodesic polyline? The shortest distance between two locations on the earth is rarely a straight line as the earth is roughly spherical in nature. So any two points on the earth, even if they are very close lie on a curve a...

Playing with the markers and info window bubbles...

    In the last few posts, we have seen some marker examples and some information window examples. Now, lets do something interesting combining these two things. Just writing that "This is an info window" in the information bubble is not very interesting! And I know this...Have gone through the same phase!     So, today we will do something interesting! We will display the latitude- longitude co-ordinates of the point that the user clicks on the map! Doing this is not at all complex! Copy paste the following code and you will see for yourself a map coming to life!     The output of the above code looks as seen in the result section above! If you have any queries regarding the above code please comment on the blog post or feel free to contact me at my mail ID .

My first blog!

          " W hy is it that there are no Goolge Maps API examples which show India specific data?"...This question kept bothering me all through my learning phase. I always thought why aren't there any examples that use a map which shows Indian locations. Anybody who is new to Google Maps API application development would love to see a location that he knows of on the map! This is what I longed for all the way through and now have decided to put up simple examples and other supporting data for building customised simple Google Maps and all will show locations in India! When starting something new, if one finds something familiar out there, then it gives a feeling of comfort! And this is what I will try to provide to all those out there who are facing a similar problem that I faced! I am not an expert at Google Maps API, I am learning too...But, I will like to help out people along the way! So, all comments from the novice to the profession...

50000 hits and live examples

    Hello to all the blog readers - to the regulars and the first timers. Spatial Unlimited just crossed the 50,000 all time hits milestone and so its time to celebrate and also mark the occasion with something new and interesting.       The new addition to this blog is that, you will now be able to enjoy the codes live on the blog. I am adding some life to the blog by converting all the earlier life-less codes to JsFiddle powered live examples. I have converted a few and am sharing the links here. Please share your feedback and let me know what you think of the new additions. Hope you keep enjoying the blog as much as I enjoy updating it! Cheers! Links to Live Examples: 1. Simple Google Map 2. Simple Map Marker 3. Multiple Markers 4. KML Layer