Skip to main content

Recommended for You

Side-scrolling web pages issue with Jquery Mobile - Issue #5748

    While developing a Jquery mobile based application, I came across a issue that is observed only on the iOS 6 devices and Android 4.2.2 devices.     What is the issue?         Web pages are side scrolling on iOS6 and Android 4.2.2 devices.     How did I debug the issue?         This bug was in our applications bug tracker for a long time and since I am the lone front-end developer the project that I am working on, my manger was pushing me to close this bug quickly. I had used the perfect mobile meta tag and still the web pages were side-scrolling. None of my divs had width that was going beyond the device widths and still there was this issue. That day, I decided to break down my HTML to pieces, and tested each piece on the dreadful iOS 6 device. I came down to a textbox that had some placeholder text in it and there it was, the issue was glaring me in my face. ...

Hilarious Google Maps

       I came across these simple yet wonderfully done illustrations based on the Google Maps Street style by Christoph Niemann - Illustrator for the Times Magazine. These illustrations are absolutely stunning show of creativity, design, execution and general beauty. All the illustrations show exactly how it is on the roads in New York. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Google Weather Layer - Simple Example

    As promised in the last post , we will be having a look at a very simple example that will help us understand how we can use the weather layer effectively in our Google Map applications using the Google Maps API v3. The weather layer is basically a combination of 2 layers - the Weather Layer and the Clouds Layer . The weather layers displays the weather icons and the temperature corresponding that icon whereas the clouds layers displays the cloud cover across the globe. We can choose to display or hide any of these layers. Let us now dive into a very simple code that will help us understand the basics of the Weather Layer library today.     The output of the above code will appear as seen in the result section above. You will find a map centered at "India" with both the weather and cloud layers enabled!     Most part of the above code is similar to most other examples you will find...

Punjab cities to implement GIS...

            The Punjab government is all set to implement ultra modern GIS systems in 6 big cities of Punjab namely Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Patiala, Batinda and Pathakot to facilitate future planning, expansion and maintenance of civic infrastructure in these cities. The GIS will be implemented in these cities by October 31, 2011, which would be further implemented in other districts of the state.             Complete information of these cities will be available on the GIS which should prove beneficial and helpful during the preparation of "Master Plans" of these cities in the future. The satellite images of these cities will be taken which would later on be developed to form a large database. The maps that will be generated would provide detailed information on roads and rail networking along with exact locations of bus stops and railway stations. The maps will also s...

Two maps on the same page - Side-by-side

    How good I am feeling to post a code example after such a long time! It's been all "news" over the past so many posts! Well now that I am finally doing a code example, I am posting a very highly requested code sample. Placing two Google Maps on the same page (Now that's simple you would say!), but side by side. Now this is the thing that most people struggle with. Well, implementing the second part is also very simple, as you will see in today's code.     Let's see the code. Here it is!     The output of the above code will be as seen in the result section above.     As most of you will realize, there are two maps, one centered at "Pune" and other at "Noida". Why I chose these two locations? Well, just like that!...The main issue of concern is how the maps appeared side-by-side and not one below the other as would be normal behavior of two "div" elements used in the same page. Now here is the trick! Check out the...