Skip to main content

100th Post...



            I’m so excited that I have finally reached this milestone. Well I am not completely certain that this is a big deal but anything that is '100' just seems big and grand. I have been blogging here for around 8 months now, and it gives me immense pleasure to say that now I have become an experienced blogger.:D


            I never thought when I started this blog in November, 2010 that I would have much to offer compared to the hundreds of other GIS bloggers out there. But today with more than 21,000 page views, more than 100 comments, more than 100 followers and several Like and +1s the response to this blog has been nothing short of amazing. Now the next target for me would be to cross 50,000 views.


            At the end, I would  like to thank all visitors and members for making this blog successful. I am so happy to have readers such as you. Thank you all who have been reading. If you are a regular reader, or if you just dropped in today, do comment and tell me what you liked about the blog!

Comments

  1. It good to see that you have reached 100th post . . .ALL THE BEST and my heartly wishes to you for the more mile stones. . .Keep posting. . . in ur SPATIAL UNLIMITED. . .

    But it made me bit disappointment that you have not given any informative abt the "spatial" matter. . .I am expecting some thing different in ur 100th post, but....
    Any how, it is nice to see that u have given about 99 useful post and eagrly waiting for the lot more. . . .
    Once again all the best my dear FRIEND. . .keep posting and posting. . . . . .
    With love
    Naresh. N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naresh. Those are words of real encouragement!

      Thank you for your feedback and I will try providing something more informative in my next milestone post...:)

      Regards,
      Shreerang
      Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spatial-Unlimited/185149371538692

      Delete
  2. amazing job shreerang and very happy to see your success..wish u all the best keep posting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Purva.

      Thank you for the wishes...

      Regards,
      Shreerang
      Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spatial-Unlimited/185149371538692

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here...

Recommended for You

Where does Google get it's live traffic data from?

Referring to a post that I wrote earlier, Google’s - Live traffic Layer , ever wondered how Google collected this data? I was wondering the other day, how Google received live data to display it on their maps as a layer! I looked up the web and found something very interesting and am sharing the same with you all. As we all know, the traffic layer is available most accurately in several states in USA. Most major metro areas in the US have sensors embedded in their highways. These sensors track real time traffic data. Easy to miss at high speeds (hopefully anyway, traffic permitting), more commonly noticed may be the similar sensors that often exist at many busy intersections that help the traffic lights most efficiently let the most amount of people through. The information from these tracking sensors is reported back to the Department of Transportation (DOT). The DOT uses this data to update some of the digital signs that report traffic conditions in many metro areas. They als...

Two maps on the same page - Side-by-side

    How good I am feeling to post a code example after such a long time! It's been all "news" over the past so many posts! Well now that I am finally doing a code example, I am posting a very highly requested code sample. Placing two Google Maps on the same page (Now that's simple you would say!), but side by side. Now this is the thing that most people struggle with. Well, implementing the second part is also very simple, as you will see in today's code.     Let's see the code. Here it is!     The output of the above code will be as seen in the result section above.     As most of you will realize, there are two maps, one centered at "Pune" and other at "Noida". Why I chose these two locations? Well, just like that!...The main issue of concern is how the maps appeared side-by-side and not one below the other as would be normal behavior of two "div" elements used in the same page. Now here is the trick! Check out the...

Playing with the markers and info window bubbles...

    In the last few posts, we have seen some marker examples and some information window examples. Now, lets do something interesting combining these two things. Just writing that "This is an info window" in the information bubble is not very interesting! And I know this...Have gone through the same phase!     So, today we will do something interesting! We will display the latitude- longitude co-ordinates of the point that the user clicks on the map! Doing this is not at all complex! Copy paste the following code and you will see for yourself a map coming to life!     The output of the above code looks as seen in the result section above! If you have any queries regarding the above code please comment on the blog post or feel free to contact me at my mail ID .

My first blog!

          " W hy is it that there are no Goolge Maps API examples which show India specific data?"...This question kept bothering me all through my learning phase. I always thought why aren't there any examples that use a map which shows Indian locations. Anybody who is new to Google Maps API application development would love to see a location that he knows of on the map! This is what I longed for all the way through and now have decided to put up simple examples and other supporting data for building customised simple Google Maps and all will show locations in India! When starting something new, if one finds something familiar out there, then it gives a feeling of comfort! And this is what I will try to provide to all those out there who are facing a similar problem that I faced! I am not an expert at Google Maps API, I am learning too...But, I will like to help out people along the way! So, all comments from the novice to the profession...

What is GIS?

          Once I started writing this blog, I received a number of feedbacks from readers asking me to write something about what exactly GIS is. So here is some information, that will give you an idea about " What is GIS? "           A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information. GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports, and charts.             A GIS helps you answer questions and solve problems by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared. GIS technology can be integrated into any enterprise information system framework.     ...